CPU Memberships are now available for online purchase, and will be effective for one year from the date of purchase.
Almost every day we get emails or phone calls: "When will my card come in the mail?" or "what is my CPU number?"
All of these questions are answered below, so PLEASE READ before you contact us.
*** YOU WILL PRINT YOUR CPU CARD AFTER THE PURCHASE, IT HAS YOUR NUMBER ON THE FRONT***
All memberships will show 2 parts, the portion that goes to the CPU ($45) and the portion that goes to your provincial organization (variable).
Prince Edward Island
In order to join the CPU you must be a Canadian citizen or have Permanent Resident status. Foreign nationals in Canada temporarily may participate in CPU events, but must have a valid membership from their own nation. At contests designated as "Championships" (Provincial or National) foreign nationals may only participate as guests, and cannot win medals or class standings.
1) Select your province of residence from above. You can compete in ANY province but must get your card through the province where you live.
2) Click on the SignUp tab, and Sign Up For Myself. (Figure 1)
3) Click on Memberships on the left (Figure 2)
Note: If you are renewing your membership you should see a blue RENEWAL button. It will appear if you are within 30 day of expiring.
4) Select your Membership type. All competitive memberships will show the provincial portion, the $45 CPU portion will be automatically included. Types will vary from province to province, most will pick the first option, the Open membership. Click on Buy for Myself. (Figure 3)
5) The next page will confirm your selections, ask you some questions (set by your province) and ask you to agree to your provincial waiver. (Figure 4)
6) Next enter your credit card payment information, and other required info and complete the purchase.
7) PRINTING your membership card:
Click on Dashboard at the top right, then on Memberships on the left, and in the Canadian Powerlifting Union section, you will see the "PRINT MEMBERSHIP CARD" button. (Figure 5, below)
Some are reporting that they had to log out and back in to get the Print button.
Membership cards are designed to fold over to fit in your wallet. See figure 6 below.