CPU National/Regional Qualifying Standards
Points to Remember
- You must have qualified within the previous 24 months from the date of the intended Nationals.
- You must satisfy your provinces additional requirements to be qualified for each Nationals.
- A lifter who achieves a National qualifying standard is then eligible to compete at any chosen weight class at the National Championships.
- All age categories begin on January 1 of the year the lifter reaches the minimum age limit. For example,
a lifter become a Master 1 on January 1 of the year they turn 40. Similarly, a Junior ceases to be a Junior on Dec 31 of the year they turn 23.
- A lifter can qualify for a higher level meet in their next age category within the 12 month period before meeting the minimum age requirement for the class they will compete in, but cannot claim awards in that category at that qualifying meet. For example, a lifter who turns 40 next year can qualify for next years Master Nationals at any time during THIS year, but would only win "Open" awards at that meet.
- If you achieve the qualifying total for Equipped nationals, you are automatically qualified for Classic (unequipped) nationals.
- Bench-Only qualifying lifts can come from other Bench-Only contests or from the Bench Press portion of a regular Powerlifting contest.